Here’s one thing I bet you don’t know about the NBA - do you know that The Shortest Playe...
Here’s one thing I bet you don’t know about the NBA - do you know that The Shortest Player in NBA History Blocked 39 Shots. It is even harder to believe that someone who is 5’3” feet tall could blocked 39 shots on taller players in the NBA. But Muggsy Bogues did it.
And today it's all about Kobe Bryant .
Kobe Bean Bryant is an American professional basketball player who plays for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Kobe is one of the best basketball players in the history of the NBA. He is a 5 time NBA champion (2000,2001,2002,2009,2010), NBA Most Valuable Player(2008), 2 time Finals MVP (2009,2010), 2 time scoring champion (2006,2007), NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (1997) and also holds a record of 7 NBA Championship appearances and many more career achievement awards.
Well, That's quite an achievement for any person especially an NBA player.
All in all, Kobe is among the top sports icons in the world.
Here are 25 Motivational Quotes from Kobe Bryant to Inspire you;
1. “I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.” – Kobe Bryant
Lesson: Don't focus on being someone else, just be yourself
2. “The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.” – Kobe Bryant
Lesson: Be the best in whatever you do
3. “The last time I was intimidated was when I was 6 years old in karate class. I was an orange belt and the instructor ordered me to fight a black belt who was a couple years older and a lot bigger. I was scared s—less. I mean, I was terrified and he kicked my ass. But then I realized he didn’t kick my ass as bad as I thought he was going to and that there was nothing really to be afraid of. That was around the time I realized that intimidation didn’t really exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.” – Kobe Bryant
Lesson: Don't be intimidated or get terrified some times the looks can deceive, just stay focused and trust in yourself that you can do it.
4. “Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.” – Kobe Bryant
5. “I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.” – Kobe Bryant
6. “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.” – Kobe Bryant
7. “I focus on one thing and one thing only – that’s trying to win as many championships as I can.” – Kobe Bryant
8. “I’m playing against great players, playing against the best in the world. The competition – that’s what I’ve always wanted.” – Kobe Bryant
9. “Are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? … I’d rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand in hand all the time but that’s just not reality. … I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success.” – Kobe Bryant
10. I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.
11. "There's been a lot of talk of me being a one-man show but that's simply not the case. We win games when I score 40 points and we've won when I score 10.” – Kobe Bryant
12. "If you're afraid to fail, then you're probably going to fail." – Kobe Bryant
13. "The important thing is that your teammates have to know you're pulling for them and you really want them to be successful." – Kobe Bryant
14. People just don't understand how obsessed I am with winning." Kobe Bryant
15. "I love going one-on-one with someone. That's what I do. I've never lost. It's a whole different game, just to have them right in front of you and be able to do whatever you want..” – Kobe Bryant
16. "It's different from being 21 and you think there's endless amount of opportunities. At 33, the ending is much, much closer.” – Kobe Bryant
17. "I'm extremely willful to win, and I respond to challenges. Scoring titles and stuff like that... it sounds, well, I don't care how it sounds - to me, scoring comes easy. It's not a challenge to me to win the scoring title, because I know I can.” – Kobe Bryant
18. "Everyone looks at your watch and it represents who you are, your values and your personal style.” – Kobe Bryant
19. "It never bothered me when people would say, 'You only win championships because you're playing with Shaq.' It bothered me when he said it.” – Kobe Bryant
|Kobe chewing his Jersey|
20. "It's disgusting, but my father taught me when your mouth gets dry, just suck the sweat out of your own jersey. There's no bravado to any of it; it's just a disgusting little trick.” – Kobe Bryant
21. “The people who truly know me know what I’m like. There have been people who try to say things that aren’t fair, and I check them. And then they don’t like me because I checked them.” – Kobe Bryant
22. “The most important thing is you must put everybody on notice that you’re here and you are for real. I’m not a player that is just going to come and go. I’m not a player that is going to make an All-Star team one time, two times. I’m here to be an all-time great. Once I made that commitment and said, ‘I want to be one of the greatest ever’, then the game became everything for me.” – Kobe Bryant
23. “Take it all in. Sit back and watch and listen and hear all the hate that’s being thrown at us and remember every person that’s kicking you when you’re down, because next year it ain’t gonna be this way. Appreciate it now. Let it sit in now, because revenge is sweet and it’s quick.” – Kobe Bryant
24. “After scoring 44 points on 34 shots in 31 minutes during a Lakers blowout loss: “I’d rather not have to do that, but you can’t sit back and watch crime happen in front of you.” – Kobe Bryant
25. “I’m here. I’m not going anywhere. No matter what the injury – unless it’s completely debilitating – I’m going to be the same player I’ve always been. I’ll figure it out. I’ll make some tweaks, some changes, but I’m still coming.” – Kobe Bryant
What’s your favorite and inspiring Kobe Bryant Quote? Just Share your favorite quote from Kobe in the comment section below.